We’re seeking a talented 'Creative Developer' to join our sunny Aberdeen studio.
In this role, you'll shine brightly as a key member of our team, creating an array of digital experiences for our esteemed clients and community partners.
You’ll work on projects covering a wide spectrum of industries, from global businesses through to arts, culture and education.
Who We Are
Fine Day Studio are a creative team of thinkers, designers and day-makers who build brands, digital experiences and beyond. We help ambitious people, businesses and communities shine through bright ideas and big heart.
Collaboration is at the heart of how we work, we’re here to form long-lasting partnerships with our clients and communities.
As a full-service studio, we provide all technical, visualisation and production skills needed to take a project from concept to delivery.
Who you are
We're looking for a coding wizard who will help design, create and maintain websites and digital experiences across multiple platforms. You’ll help translate our design and functionality dreams through code that dazzles. You’ll have experience and an interest in using code creatively.
- You’ll create digital experiences that match the visual design and user experience intent, and are compatible with browsers, devices or operating systems
- Bring mock-ups and wireframes from development to delivery: code, build, analyse and maintain
- Develop code to facilitate interactions with servers, databases and third-party websites/applications
- Write efficient code that uses best practice for software development
- Work under direction of Digital Director to determine requirements and specifications for content delivery, within agreed timelines
- Work with UX/Digital Lead to identify and eliminate technical issues
- Support Digital Director after go-live to refine, improve and enhance code in response to feedback
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 2 years development experience
- Relevant industry qualification or the equivalent in professional experience
- Experience working with animation for the web
- Good understanding of digital design for the responsive web and UX & UI practices
- Experience working with interface design tools such as Figma or XD
- Experience with component-based design and development
- Good planning and communication skills
- Able to write clean, concise, accessible code with attention to detail
- Familiarity with and understanding of version control systems, particularly with GitHub
- Experience with CMS platforms
- Experience with Headless CMS
- Experience with WordPress/PHP
- Awareness of serverless architectures such as Netlify
- Keen interest in emerging technologies and programming trends
- 4 day working week (Monday to Thursday)
- 24 days paid holidays which rises after each year of employment
- Company pension
- Wellbeing days
- Support with professional development
- Support with personal projects
- Cycle to work scheme
Sounds good? Apply now